I’ll admit it, I’m game for avocado any time, but I’m not paying $15 for avocado toast at a restaurant. Not when I can make it daily in my own kitchen for a fraction of the cost.
With this recipe, if you’re afraid you won’t use all your avocados before they go bad, grab premade guacamole like Wholly Guacamole Classic Minis. A single tub is perfect for a single piece of toast. If you use this product you can eliminate the lemon juice and salt from the recipe below.
Classic Avocado Toast with Egg
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 egg
- 2 slices multigrain bread
- 1 avocado (pitted and peeled)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- sea salt to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Crack eggs into the skillet and cook until eggs are white on the bottom layer and firm enough to flip, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip eggs, trying not to crack the yolk, and cook until egg is over easy (or desired hardness) , 2 to 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, toast bread slices to desired toastiness, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mash avocado in a bowl; stir in lemon juice, and sea salt. Spread avocado mixture onto toast. Top with fried egg and season with sea salt and pepper.